Each year, two Festival awards will be offered by Georgia Federation of Music Clubs to junior participants in piano solo event at GFMC Festival program.
- 9th & 10th Grades
- 11th & 12th Grades
Awards in each category:
1st Place Winner Distinguished Performer $600
2nd Place Winner Accomplished Performer $400
3rd Place Winner Notable Performer $200
Each scholarship winner has a choice of one of the followings:
- Summer piano workshop at a college or university of their choice
- An online course to further music education at a college or university of their choice.
(Example: Music Theory, Music Composition)
- Private lessons with a professor at a college or university of their choice.
- Must have participated in the GFMC Festival Program in the current year.
- Must have received a Superior rating on their Festival Program. A copy of the judge’s rating sheet for the current year must be included with the application form.
- Must be in a high school grade at the time of Festival.
- Must not have won “Distinguished Performer” award in one of the two categories in Continuing Education competition previously.
- Repertoire MUST be the same two pieces from the current Federation same instrument solo event which should have one American composer piece.
- Auditions are conducted in an online video format.
- The two pieces must be performed from memory.
- The recording of each piece must be a continuous and unedited performance.
- The two pieces may be recorded separately and then edited together into one video.
Application and Video Submission Deadlines:
- Receipt Deadline: April 11 yearly
- Application Fee: $30 check payable to “GFMC”.
- Mail the application form with the application fee check to:
Margaret Liu, Competitions and Awards Division Chair
6000 Medlock Bridge Parkway, Suite E-900
Johns Creek, GA 30022
- A Contestant ID number will be assigned and emailed to the applicant after the application form and fee receipt deadline.
- Do not send the video until you receive your Contestant ID number.
- Video Submission
- Receipt Deadline: May 1
LATE application and video submission will NOT be accepted.
- Via the Video Submission Google Form link which will be emailed to applicant after the application deadline.
- Videos will be accepted ONLY by the Google Form link. DO NOT send URL by email.
- Receipt Deadline: May 1
Video Submission Guidelines:
- The video should be titled:
“Cont-Ed, Grade 9-10 (or Grade 11-12), Contestant ID#”.
No applicant’s name or teacher’s name should be shown in the video title or the background of the video, and the YouTube account username.
- Be sure to check the video. If it is inaccessible, the application will be deemed disqualified, and the application fee forfeited.
- Follow the steps to create a YouTube video link on a computer.
To Create the YouTube Video:
- You may record the video of the two pieces separately or together, but you MUST submit the recordings of BOTH pieces in the order on your application form in ONE VIDEO.
- Each piece must be recorded from start to end without pause. No editing is allowed.
- Video should be uploaded to YouTube on a computer.
- In your browser, go to www.youtube.com
- Sign in (upper right corner of page)
- You will need to have a Google (Gmail) account. If not, select the option to create an account
- When uploading your performance video to YouTube, select the option of UNLISTED (not private!).
- This video SHOULD NOT be searchable or publicly available.
- USE A GENERIC “USERNAME” ON THE ACCOUNT, either use the Contestant Number or a generic name (such as “music”).
- Rename the video to show: “Cont-Ed, Grade 9-10 (or Grade 11-12), Contestant ID#” on the title.
To Submit the Video:
- After the YouTube video is created, click the SHARE option and copy/paste the shortened URL to the blank provided on the Video Submission Google Form.
- The Video Submission Google Form link should have been emailed to you along with the Contestant ID number.
- Complete the Google Form (all fields are required).
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the form.
For further information or questions, you may contact Competitions and Awards Division Chair, Margaret Liu:
Phone: (678) 523-6703, or