The Bailey-Cobb Scholarship was named after Sarah Bailey, a former Georgia Federation of Music Clubs President (1924-1928), and Mrs. Cobb, a Junior Club Counselor who was instrumental in starting Junior Clubs in Georgia. Funds were left in her will for helping Junior Members. This scholarship honors both these women for their outstanding work in the Georgia Federation of Music Clubs.
Award: $350 per category
- Instrument Solo
- Vocal Solo
- Must be in a high school grade (grades 9-12) at the time of Festival.
- Must be a Junior Member of GFMC and enter a non-piano event.
- Must have participated in the same instrument solo or vocal solo event in the GFMC Festival Program in the current year.
- Must have received a Superior rating on their Federation Festival Program. A copy of the judge’s rating sheet must be included with the application form.
- Must not have won the Bailey-Cobb Award in the same category previously.
Repertoire and Audition Requirements:
- Repertoire MUST be the same two pieces from the current Federation same instrument solo event which should have one American composer piece.
- Except for Vocal Solo contestant, either two Art Song pieces, or two Musical Theater pieces, or a choice of one Art Song piece and one Musical Theater piece from the current Federation events are acceptable. However, for Vocal Art Song/Musical Theater pieces combination, both events should have received Superior ratings, and both rating sheets should be sent.
- Audition is by online video format.
Application and Video Submission Deadlines:
- Receipt Deadline: April 11 yearly
- Mail the application form, a copy of the Federation Judge’s Rating Sheet, with the
$15 check payable to “GFMC” to:
Margaret Liu, Competitions and Awards Division Chair
6000 Medlock Bridge Parkway, Suite E-900
Johns Creek, GA 30022
- A Contestant ID number will be assigned and emailed to applicant after the application form and fee receipt deadline.
- Do not send video until you receive your Contestant ID number.
- Video Submission
- Receipt Deadline: May 1 yearly
- Via the Video Submission Google Form link which will be emailed to applicant after the application deadline.
- Videos will be accepted ONLY by the Google Form link. DO NOT send URL by email.
LATE application and video submission will NOT be accepted.
Video Submission Guidelines:
- The video should be titled “Bailey Cobb, Instrument, Contestant ID Number”. No applicant’s name or teacher’s name should be shown in the video title or the background of the video.
- Be sure to check the video. If it is inaccessible, the application will be deemed disqualified, and application fee forfeited.
- Follow the steps to create a YouTube video link on a computer.
To Create the YouTube Video:
- You may record the video of the two pieces separately or together, but you MUST submit the recordings of BOTH pieces in the order on your application form in ONE VIDEO.
- Each piece must be recorded from start to end without pause. No editing is allowed.
- Video should be uploaded to YouTube on a computer.
- In your browser, go to www.youtube.com
- Sign in (upper right corner of page)
- You will need to have a Google (Gmail) account. If not, select the option to create an account
- When uploading your performance video to YouTube, select the option of UNLISTED (not private!).
- This video SHOULD NOT be searchable or publicly available.
- Rename the video to show: “Bailey Cobb, Instrument, Contestant ID Number” on the title.
To Submit the Video:
- After the YouTube video is created, click the SHARE option and copy/paste the shortened URL to the blank provided on the Video Submission Google Form.
- The Video Submission Google Form link should have been emailed to you along with the Contestant ID number.
- Complete the Google Form (all fields are required). 4) Click “Submit” at the bottom of the form.
For further information or questions, you may contact Competitions and Awards Division Chair, Margaret Liu:
Phone: (678) 523-6703, or