Each year, two Festival awards will be offered by Georgia Federation of Music Clubs to junior participants in piano solo event at GFMC Festival program.
The award is to further the student’s education in music. The monetary amount of the scholarship will not exceed $600.00 per scholarship. Payment will be made to the institution.
Each scholarship winner has a choice of one of the following:
- Summer piano workshop at a college or university of their choice.
- An On-line course to further music education at a college or university of their choice. (example: Music Theory, Music Composition)
- Private lessons with a professor at a college or university of their choice.
Rules & Regulations
The award winner must:
1) have participated in the GFMC Festival Program in the current year.
2) have received a superior rating on their Festival Program. A copy of the Judges rating sheet must be included with the application.
3) be in high school 9th- 12th grade at the time of Festival. (9-10 is first award, 11-12 is second award)
4) not win the award more than once
5) record a performance of the repertoire from their Festival Piano Solo event for their audition 6) have their application and audition to the scholarship chairman by deadline.
SUBMITTING VIA YOUTUBE LINK ON A COMPUTER:
1.) In your browser go to www.youtube.com
2.) Sign in (upper right corner of page)
a.) You need to have a Google (Gmail) account – if not select option to create account
3.) When uploading your performance video to youtube select the option of UNLISTED (not private!) Put the Title of the Composition & Your Name in the Video Title. This video SHOULD NOT be searchable or publicly available.
4.) Click the SHARE option and copy/paste the shortened URL into an email. (The URL is what appears in the address bar)
5.) Title the VIDEO & your email SUBJECT should be: VIDEO AUDITION / (YOUR NAME) / (TITLE OF COMPOSITION) / (EVENT & LEVEL)
6.) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7.) Body of the email include your full name, contact info, and teacher info.