This award has been set up by endowment from the estate of Floride Smith Dean to be used for Piano Scholarships in the Student Division in the Georgia Federated Music Clubs. Floride Smith Dean also endowed monies for piano scholarships to the NFMC, as well as, Converse College, Anderson College and Federated Music Club all of which are in South Carolina.
Award Amount: $2,000
- Must be 19 years old but not 26 years old by application date
- Must be an American Citizen
- Must be a member of National Federation of Music Club (NFMC), either through Student Club or by individual membership*
A.*IMPORTANT: If applicant needs to join NFMC send check -$16 – made out to GFMC along with NFMC application before its deadline (available through nfmc-music.org website) to State Treasurer, Nora Martin, 1193 Hurst Park Ct, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
- Must not have won the Floride-Dean Award before
- Audition is by online video—-format accompanied by complete application must be submitted no later than March 1st of current year. Do not forget to include the URL.
- Repertoire is limited to two pieces
- One complete work of a significant, published American composer
- One complete work from the baroque, classic or romantic period
- Scholarship fee: $15 check made out to GFMC or paypal at GeorgiaNFMC.org
Send completed application (check if applicable) to Scholarship Chairman postmarked by MARCH 1: Debra S. Hughes, 2937 Moorings Parkway, Snellville, GA 30039 or email@example.com
Be sure to check the video. If it is inaccessible the application will be deemed disqualified.
SUBMITTING VIA YOUTUBE LINK ON A COMPUTER:
1.) In your browser go to www.youtube.com
2.) Sign in (upper right corner of page)
a.) You need to have a Google (Gmail) account – if not select option to create account
3.) When uploading your performance video to youtube select the option of UNLISTED (not private!) Put the Title of the Composition & Your Name in the Video Title. This video SHOULD NOT be searchable or publicly available.
4.) Click the SHARE option and copy/paste the shortened URL into an email. (The URL is what appears in the address bar)
5.) Title the VIDEO & your email SUBJECT should be: VIDEO AUDITION / (YOUR NAME) / (TITLE OF COMPOSITION) / (EVENT & LEVEL)
6.) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7.) Body of the email include your full name, contact info, and teacher info.